Route 28A - West Falmouth, MA 02574
Students that are currently enrolled in lessons at Haland Stable and exhibit the skills necessary may attend shows. The instructor will work with the student to determine the type of show and class entries that will best suit the student.
Leasing is a possibility for those who do not want to own. Arrangements must be made with the owner of the horse.
Please contact Haland Stable for details and availability.
Young riders will have the opportunity to develop their horsemanship skills, expand their riding experience and participate in all aspects of care for their horse and pony. Sessions run all summer on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 A.M. to 12 P.M. and includes ½ hour riding instruction. Riders will work together to take care of the horses before and after riding. All ages are welcome.
For more information and pricing please contact us.
• Pony rides are available in Western saddles. Our ponies are on their best behavior for their precious cargo and an instructor is always present with a lead line attached to the pony. Pony rides are conducted around the perimeter of a beautiful large green grass field.
• Birthday parties include the same as pony rides (see above) with the exception that the ride is conducted in a fenced arena. We have a picnic area for the party and a rest room close by. Party supplies and food are the responsibility of the person hosting the event. Book a party and plan on having a Birthday to remember. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
• Instruction is available for all levels and is conducted in the English discipline. Beginners to advanced riders that want to ride for recreation or that wish to compete, our licensed instructors will help you achieve your goals.
• We start children at 4 years old and teach all ages, including adults in their senior years.
• Lessons are designed to suit each individuals needs.
• New students are required to take private lessons so the instructor can evaluate the student’s abilities with a minimum of distractions. The student may then move into a group lesson at the instructor’s discretion.
• We offer ½ hour private and 1 hour group lessons.
• Any student taking more than 4 lessons is expected to purchase their own ASTM/SEI approved helmet.
• All lessons require advanced scheduling.
• Appointments can be made by contacting Haland Stable at 508-540-2552
We offer trail rides for the beginner to advanced rider. The ride is tailored to the group’s ability of horsemanship. All trail rides will be for a maximum of 1 hour (unless prior arrangements are made); included will be a brief evaluation / instructional period in the arena prior to going out on the trail. All horses & ponies are seasoned trail horses and we will match them to your riding level. Helmets are provided for your convenience and are required for your safety. Children must be 8 years of age or older.
Our trails have an abundance of wildlife and nature which can be seen while passing through open fields, wooded areas, past salt marshes, cranberry bogs and ponds not to mention the magnificent flowering azaleas, lady slippers and wildflowers in the spring and summer months. Fall foliage is spectacular and the changing colors of the cranberry bogs are always beautiful whatever time of year you ride.
Trail riding is available year round, weather permitting.
Please call ahead to make an appointment and pricing.
• When you board at Haland Stable your horse or pony will have quality care. All stalls have rubber mat flooring and are cleaned daily. Shavings are provided to enhance your horses comfort. Daily turnout is available depending on your horse’s needs and weather permitting.
• Feedings are twice daily which includes hay and grain. Fresh water is always available. Feed will be tailored to match your horses needs based on health and activity level.
• Arrangements may be made for seasonal boarding and daily boarding for those not staying an entire month.